PayByPhone and IPS Group Announce Integrated Parking Solution
Vancouver BC, Nov 1 2011 – PayByPhone (www.paybyphone.com), leading mobile phone payment provider, and IPS Group (www.ipsgroupinc.com), the leader in intelligent single-space parking meter technology, have teamed up to deliver an integrated solution so that the time purchased by cell phone can be displayed in real time on the IPS parking meters. This allows enforcement practices to remain constant whether payment is directly at the IPS meter or paid by phone.
In addition to coins, credit/debit card and smart card payment options at an IPS meter, the PayByPhone service allows drivers to use smart apps on their phone or call a toll free number to pay for parking. Now, when parked at an IPS meter, drivers have their time purchased via PayByPhone pushed in real-time to the meter’s display screen. Customers will get a visual confirmation of payment and enforcement practices are not impacted. Prior to meter expiration, the motorist will receive a text message reminder notification, and can add time to the meter via their cell phone before the meter expires.
“We’re very excited that our new relationship with IPS has delivered a complete and seamless integration as part of the roll out of IPS Meters and PayByPhone in San Francisco” said David Spittel, VP of Product Development. “We recognize that like PayByPhone the IPS Group has taken an innovative and cost effective approach to delivering an alternative to costly capital upgrades”
”IPS understands that customers want flexible, convenient payment options. This fundamental belief was the inspiration for our credit card enabled single-space parking meter concept,” said Chad Randall, Chief Operating Officer of IPS Group. “This integration demonstrates our commitment to continued innovation and willingness to partner with leading companies like PayByPhone for the benefit of the parking public.”
Founded in 2001, PayByPhone (www.paybyphone.com) is the world leader in mobile phone payment solutions for parking. Deployed with over 90 cities or municipalities around the world, it is the next generation of parking technology. PayByPhone is a division of PayPoint plc (www.paypoint.com) operating through subsidiaries Verrus Mobile Technologies, Inc, Verrus UK Limited and Mobile Payment Services SAS.
About IPS Group, Inc.
San Diego-based IPS Group, Inc. (www.ipsgroupinc.com) is a design, engineering and manufacturing company focused on ultra-low power wireless telecommunications and parking technologies. IPS manufactures its parking meters in the USA and has been delivering world-class solutions to the telecommunications and parking industries for over 15 years. The company is best known for their patented credit card enabled, solar powered single-space parking meter and comprehensive web-based meter management system.
- PayByPhone in NYC
- Sac State Students PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in New Castle NY
- PayByPhone for Port Mann Tolls
- Seattle Selects PayByPhone
- Ottawa Rolls Out NFC Parking
- Mobile World Congress 2012
- PayByPhone Now Live in Cedar Rapids
- Tempe Welcomes PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Adds NFC in San Fran
- UA Rolls Out PayByPhone
- Galveston Launches PayByPhone
- PayByPhone and IPS Integrate
- Fall 2011 Newsletter
- Robbins Parking Now Offers PayByPhone
- White Plains Expands PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Arrives in Naperville
- SFMTA Approves PayByPhone
- Greenwich Rolls Out PayByPhone
- New Payment Option for Smartphones
- Verrus Rebrands to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Goes Live in Fayetteville
- Lexington Parking Just Got Easier
- PayByPhone expands to South Miami
- PayByPhone Now in Whistler
- Carolina Beach Offers PayByPhone
- Wrightsville Beach Greets PayByPhone
- PayByphone Now in Fort Lauderdale
- Verrus aquired by PayPoint plc
- PCI Level 1 Accreditation