San Francisco PayByPhone FAQs
1. If I am not putting coins in the meter how will the parking officer know I've paid?
The meter does not display an updated time when you use PayByPhone. Your parking transaction and meter number are automatically displayed on the handheld device carried by the patrollers.
2. Is there a service fee for using PayByPhone?
Yes, there is a 45c fee each time the service is used, this is added to the total cost of parking.
3. Why is there a fee?
PayByPhone is provided at no cost to the City. A 45 cent fee is added per transaction to cover all costs (http://sfpark.org/how-it-works/paybyphone/)
4. What is the Location #?
The location # is an 8-digit number found under the blue PayByPhone sticker. It's the same as the meter number.
5. How do I get an email receipt?
Make sure to add your email address in the app under Options. You can also select this feature on your profile by logging into your account at paybyphone.com.
6. Is my payment data secure?
Yes, your payment data is encrypted and securely stored; it is never displayed or spoken during a transaction. PayByPhone is accredited by Visa as a PCI Level 1 data processor under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards - the highest level of accreditation available.
7. Once I have signed up can I use the PayByPhone service anywhere else?
Yes, there are many cities both in the US and Canada,UK,France and Australia where you can use your account. Just look for the PayByPhone logo.
8. Since you know when my time will run out will you be telling the parking officer?
No, there is no information passed to the officer where or when time is running out unless the officer is standing by the car checking to see if you have paid.
9. What is NFC and how do I use it?
Visit our NFC information page here.
- PayByPhone in NYC
- Sac State Students PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in New Castle NY
- PayByPhone for Port Mann Tolls
- Seattle Selects PayByPhone
- Ottawa Rolls Out NFC Parking
- Mobile World Congress 2012
- PayByPhone Now Live in Cedar Rapids
- Tempe Welcomes PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Adds NFC in San Fran
- UA Rolls Out PayByPhone
- Galveston Launches PayByPhone
- PayByPhone and IPS Integrate
- Fall 2011 Newsletter
- Robbins Parking Now Offers PayByPhone
- White Plains Expands PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Arrives in Naperville
- SFMTA Approves PayByPhone
- Greenwich Rolls Out PayByPhone
- New Payment Option for Smartphones
- Verrus Rebrands to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Goes Live in Fayetteville
- Lexington Parking Just Got Easier
- PayByPhone expands to South Miami
- PayByPhone Now in Whistler
- Carolina Beach Offers PayByPhone
- Wrightsville Beach Greets PayByPhone
- PayByphone Now in Fort Lauderdale
- Verrus aquired by PayPoint plc
- PCI Level 1 Accreditation