PayByPhone and the City of Galveston is pleased to announce the public can now access a new pay by phone feature for the Island’s downtown parking meters.
PayByPhone is the only payment method for the Galveston Seawall area. The location code for the Galveston Seawall is 5004. Pre-paid debit cards are available at selected retailers.
Customers can now:
- Pay for parking from any location
- Add time remotely
- Receive a receipt online
- Receive text message reminders
- Download mobile apps to their smart phones (iPhone, Android, Blackberry)
- Or save m.paybyphone.com to your homescreen to use the mobile web (Windows Phones, Tablets)
Visitors to the Seawall will be able to use a mobile app, the internet, or a mobile phone to pay for parking. The parking transactions are transmitted real-time to reflect payment status to parking ambassadors and patrol cars.
All parking payments are associated to a license plate and are non-transferable, eliminating the need to display a receipt on your vehicle’s dash, or to display a sticker or hangtag.
Seawall Paid Parking:
- Fee: $1 / hour, not to exceed $8 / day, yearly passes available*
- Operation: 10:00AM – 6:00 PM, 7 days a week, daily
Options: www.paybyphone.com or call
Paid parking areas will include the north and south sides of Seawall Boulevard from 6th to 69th Street and 81st to 103rd Street. The area between 69th and 81st Street will be free of charge.
*Annual passes are $25 per year and can be purchased on the app by entering 52 weeks for the parking time. Discover Card is not currently available for parking purchases, but is coming soon.
did you know?
- Want a reminder message before parking expires? Simply set ‘send me a text reminder’ in your profile
- Lost your PIN number ? You can also log-in with the last 4-digits of the card that you registered