City of Seattle Selects PayByPhone for On-Street Parking Payments
Vancouver, BC - The City of Seattle has contracted with PayByPhone to introduce a pay-by-phone payment service across approximately 13,000 on-street paid parking spaces throughout Seattle.
The service will enable drivers to use their cell phones to pay for parking one of two ways. Users can download the PayByPhone app or call a toll free number. PayByPhone payments are made by entering the block’s unique location number and the length of parking time desired. Instructions will be posted on parking signs and pay stations. Customers will only have to sign up once with their credit card and license plate either online, via the app or by phone, which can be done quickly and easily at the point of parking.
Drivers can also choose to receive a text message reminder before their parking time expires, with the option to add time remotely (subject to time limit restrictions) and receive parking receipts by email.
“PayByPhone is delighted to be chosen by Seattle as its preferred mobile payment provider,” says Graham Bird, President of PayByPhone. “We’re excited to bring the convenience of PayByPhone parking to the City.”
Many large cities in North America and Europe have adopted the proven, secure PayByPhone parking technology, including Miami, San Francisco, Vancouver, Ottawa and London (UK).
PayByPhone is a leading international provider of services to parking authorities allowing consumers to use their mobile phones to pay for their parking by credit or debit card. It has contracts in the UK, France, Canada and the USA. PayByPhone is part of the PayPoint Group of companies.
PayPoint is a leading international provider of convenient payments and value added services to major consumer service organizations in the utility, housing, water, telecoms, media, financial services, transport, retail, e-commerce, gaming and public sectors.
*image courtesy of bonnieslistseattle.com
- MBTA switches to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in Seattle
- PayByPhone in New York City
- Sac State Students PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in New Castle NY
- PayByPhone for Port Mann Tolls
- Seattle Selects PayByPhone
- Ottawa Rolls Out NFC Parking
- Mobile World Congress 2012
- PayByPhone Now Live in Cedar Rapids
- PayByPhone Adds NFC in San Fran
- UA Rolls Out PayByPhone
- Galveston Launches PayByPhone
- PayByPhone and IPS Integrate
- Fall 2011 Newsletter
- Robbins Parking Now Offers PayByPhone
- White Plains Expands PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Arrives in Naperville
- SFMTA Approves PayByPhone
- Greenwich Rolls Out PayByPhone
- New Payment Option for Smartphones
- Verrus Rebrands to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Goes Live in Fayetteville
- Lexington Parking Just Got Easier
- PayByPhone expands to South Miami
- PayByPhone Now in Whistler
- Carolina Beach Offers PayByPhone
- Wrightsville Beach Greets PayByPhone
- PayByphone Now in Fort Lauderdale
- Verrus aquired by PayPoint plc
- PCI Level 1 Accreditation