PayByPhone Rolls Out Across San Francisco
San Francisco drivers have some new options when it comes to paying for parking at meters.
Drivers can now use their cell phones to pay for parking at meters. The service is available for all cell phones and all carriers. To start parking either call the toll free number, download the app or use the mobile web. If you want we will even send you a text message reminder before parking expires and, subject to any restrictions, you can add time without going back to your car.
The program will roll out in the Castro District, covering the curbside meters located on Castro Street between 19th and Market streets, and on 18th Street between Diamond and Hartford streets. It also will be available for the metered spaces in the two city-owned parking lots off of 18th Street and off of Castro Street. The program will be rolled out to all meters during December and January.
What are the benefits?
- No coins needed
- Text message reminders
- Extend your parking time by phone (subject to time limit restrictions)
- View & print parking receipts online
Watch our short animated video for more info.
How do I use PayByPhone?
1. Download an app or call 1-866-490-727.
2. Enter the 8-digit location number found on the meter.
3. Enter desired length of stay.
PayByPhone Parking Meter Sticker:
Ready to Sign Up?
Questions? See our San Francisco PayByPhone FAQs
Oh ya, there's NFC tooEvery sticker has a near field communication (NFC) tag. NFC-enabled phones can simply “tap" the sticker to launch the PayByPhone app and load the location number; all that's left is to decide how much time you want. If you haven’t already installed the app you will be pointed in the right direction, it’s the same app for all transactions.
To learn more about PayByPhone & NFC click here.
- MBTA switches to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in Seattle
- PayByPhone in New York City
- Sac State Students PayByPhone
- PayByPhone in New Castle NY
- PayByPhone for Port Mann Tolls
- Seattle Selects PayByPhone
- Ottawa Rolls Out NFC Parking
- Mobile World Congress 2012
- PayByPhone Now Live in Cedar Rapids
- PayByPhone Adds NFC in San Fran
- UA Rolls Out PayByPhone
- Galveston Launches PayByPhone
- PayByPhone and IPS Integrate
- Fall 2011 Newsletter
- Robbins Parking Now Offers PayByPhone
- White Plains Expands PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Arrives in Naperville
- SFMTA Approves PayByPhone
- Greenwich Rolls Out PayByPhone
- New Payment Option for Smartphones
- Verrus Rebrands to PayByPhone
- PayByPhone Goes Live in Fayetteville
- Lexington Parking Just Got Easier
- PayByPhone expands to South Miami
- PayByPhone Now in Whistler
- Carolina Beach Offers PayByPhone
- Wrightsville Beach Greets PayByPhone
- PayByphone Now in Fort Lauderdale
- Verrus aquired by PayPoint plc
- PCI Level 1 Accreditation